Re: RFS: webcpp

Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:55:35PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>> No need to generate buildd, mirror, and upgrade noise only to fix some
>> lintian warnings with no real bug IMHO.

If it is lintian warning or error then chances are high that there *is* a bug.
1) ancient-libtool is about porting,
2) debhelper-but-no-misc-depends is about missing dependencies,
3) patch-system-but-direct-changes-in-diff and
configure-generated-file-in-source are both, in this case, related to the same
bug: lack of proper cleanup.

> FWIW the version curently in sid fixes a fairly nasty bug, but it
> doesn't cause data loss or anything so I don't know if it should qualify
> as an RC bug.

If the diffstat is not large, and the changes are not just cosmetic, it is very
likely that it will get unblocked.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer