Re: RFS: giplet

Hi

Thanks for yours hints  Michal Čihař! I reuploaded the package with
the modifications done.

dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/giplet/giplet_0.1.7-1.dsc

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 03:04:05PM +0100, Michal Čihař wrote:
> Dne Mon, 1 Dec 2008 09:52:52 +0100
> Salvatore Bonaccorso <salvatore.bonaccorso@gmail.com> napsal(a):
>
> > - dget
> >   http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/giplet/giplet_0.1.7-1.dsc
>
> - You miss debian/README.source.

Sorry about that. Checking 4.14, is it enough to simply state that
the package used dpatch to manage modifications to the source and then
link to /usr/share/doc/dpatch/README.source.gz? In the current
uploaded version I prefred to state there the full text instead to
only refer to the README.source.gz.

I copied this text from /usr/share/doc/dpatch/README.source.gz as
template. It describes the steps required by 4.14.

> - please remove comments from many files in debian/, that they are
> examples.

Ok! I removed all comment lines from debian/watch and also from
debian/rules. But second I then followed your suggestion to use dh
commands and adding dpatch hooks (used
/usr/share/doc/debhelper/examples/rules.simple).

> - Are you sure package needs python-gtk2-dev for building? As it does
> not contain single line of C code, I doubt it really needs it.

The configure script of giplet checks for pygtk-2.0 but for building
python-gtk2-dev is not required (only python-gtk2 dependency then
for the applet itself).

I added a new patch removing the PYGTK test in the configure script.
If yes, I should ask also to the upstream author.
(02_do_not_check_for_pygtk.dpatch).

Thanks for checking the package.
Kind regards
Salvatore