Re: Question about bug hunting

"Eugene V. Lyubimkin" <jackyf.devel@gmail.com> writes:
> I also think it would be a good addition to display such info in the
> BTS bug page, as BTS is now missing something like 'assigned'
> tag/info.

The Debian BTS has a `owner' field[1]:
    The owner of a bug claims responsibility for fixing it.

This field is also displayed on the BTS bug page.

I still do not quite understand the difference between claiming a bug[2]
and using the owner field.  In my opinion, the option to `claim' a bug
looks redundant.  Is there someone who has more insight on this?  Why
are there two different options to give the same information (in this
case who feels responsible for fixing the bug)?

Regards,
Ansgar

[1] http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control#owner
[2] as in `bts claim'

--
PGP: 1024D/595FAD19  739E 2D09 0969 BEA9 9797  B055 DDB0 2FF7 595F AD19