Re: RFS: dhcp-probe, another try to request with a lot of update

Hi mentors,

Neil Williams a écrit :

>>> The test is okay, but why do you invoke debian/rules? If you need
>>> config.status to be up to date, just make it a dependency of rule
>>> where you need it.
>> The main difference i can see, is that someone that download the
>> source package could manualy run a ./configure with his own options
>> and generate his own Makefile that could be used after to generate a
>> specific package (may be with a special path...).
>> If i put a dependency on the install rule, this possibility disappear
>> and all dpkg-buildpackage will build the same package.
>
> That is the intention - new options should be set by changing
> debian/rules. If people want to build the upstream source with
> different options, they can use the .orig.tar.gz.
>
>> May be this freedom to the system administrator that build the package
>> hasn't to be there ?
>
> Don't call debian/rules - you probably don't want config.status at all,
> whether it is up to date or not. config.status is normally removed
> either by 'make distclean' or 'fakeroot debian/rules clean'.

A new version of the package is available which integrates all updates
you noticed.
I controlled all files twice but an error or anything else could be
hidden in.

You will find all links need to reach the package on mentors.debian.net

- - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
main contrib non-free
- - dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dhcp-probe/dhcp-probe_1.2.2-2.dsc

As you could see, i follow Niel Williams requirements for package
version (increment from the previous post).

I hope this package version will suite Debian requirements.

Best regards

- --
Laurent Guignard, Registered as user #301590 with the Linux Counter
Site : http://www.famille-guignard.org
Blog : http://blog.famille-guignard.org
Projet : http://sicontact.sourceforge.net
GULL de Villefranche sur Saône : http://www.cagull.org