Re: RFS: cuneiform

Wed, 15 Oct 2008 16:19:02 +0200
Michal Čihař <nijel@debian.org>:
> I noticed that meanwhile, but I think that RFS should contain correct
> URL (same applies to second RFS from Sven Eckelmann).
Sry for that. I got a suggestion from someone else and updated the package.

> Anyway comments on package:
>
> - What are reasons for build-indep/build-indep-stamp targets? They do
>   nothing.
They where misused to call configure before calling install - fixed that now.

> - Why you include generated version of man page, would not be better to
>   create it during build?
No really reason. I saw it in other packages, but will change it now.

> - Does it really have to be Arch: i386 amd64?
According to upstream it doesn't work on other platforms. There are porting
affords in different directions but I dont have the hardware at the moment to
look deeper into this problem. The problem is that x86 specific asm constructs
are used inside the code.

> - Package install libraries to /usr/lib64 on amd64, while they should
>   be in /usr/lib.
You are correct, I fixed it.

> - You don't have to delete *-stamp manually, dh_clean does it (as you
>  use dh 7).
Didn't know that, but good to know - thx.

I will upload a new version (this can take a while)
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cuneiform/cuneiform_0.4.dfsg.1-3.dsc

Thx for your suggestion - I hope that I could fix the problems.
	Sven Eckelmann