evolution-remove-attachments package review

Hi Rex,

Just now I was looking for a way to remove attachments in evolution.
While searching I found your plugin on mentors.debian.net. Since I'd
like to use it (and therefore upload it to Debian), here is a review:

Firstly it didn't actually work as expected. I attached your .dsc file
to this message in my drafts folder, clicked the menu item, the message
was deleted and a new message created, with the attachment still
attached, but changed into a text file saying that the attachment has
been removed. I expected that the attachment would actually be removed
instead of made smaller and changed to text.

A wishlist item: I'd like to be able to delete specific attachments,
some messages can have more than one attachment but I don't want to
delete all of them.

I think it would be great if your plugin could be merged into upstream
evolution for evolution 2.26 so everyone has it. I'll be happy to upload
it to Debian in the meantime though.

The packaging seems specific to evolution 2.22 (version numbers in
paths, conflicts against other versions), I think it would be good to
future-proof it since evolution 2.24 has been released and hopefully
will be in experimental soon (#). If that isn't possible, your
build-dependencies will need to be tightened to require evo 2.22.

You don't specify which version of the GPL that the Debian packaging is
licensed under.

You should use the full "This program is free software; you can
redistribute it" blurb in the upstream source code, not just in
debian/copyright.

There is no homepage in debian/control and there is a related valid
lintian -I warning:

I: evolution-remove-attachments source: debian-watch-file-is-missing

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise