Re: 'cdarch' has a dash version

(Please don't top-post. Instead, remove quoted material that you're
not replying to, and reply inline to the points you're responding to.)

Jann Horn <jannhorn@googlemail.com> writes:

> Er... I haven't got a file named "*.orig.tar.gz". I think it's
> because I myself made the program I want to put in a package.

You should prepare a ‘….orig.tar.gz’ that contains all the
non-Debian-packaging source (i.e. everything except the ‘debian/’
directory), and a ‘….diff.gz’ that applies the Debian packaging to
that tarball.

Read the Debian Developer's Reference for guidance on this.

> So my question is: How can I remove this dash?

Your program is not Debian-specific, so it should be a non-native
package; thus, its package version string should have an “upstream”
version (the version number of the program work) and a release number
(the number of Debian packaging releases made of the same version),
separated by a dash.

Read the Debian Policy Manual for the exact format of the version
string.

--
 \          “When we call others dogmatic, what we really object to is |
  `\   their holding dogmas that are different from our own.” —Charles |