Re: Library Packaging

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 09:44:44PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> Generally, I don't recommend that anyone on this list seriously
> considers packaging shared libraries until they have a couple of
> ordinary binary packages in the archive.
I would agree with that.  Debian packaging is quite daunting for someone
who's not seen it before, let alone packaging a library. Some upstream
Makefiles are packager-friendly and others it looks like they go out of
their way to make life tough.

dh-make helps, but it cannot cater for everything.  Another problem with
your email is you don't actually say what is going wrong.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au