Re: RFS: gnome-art-ng

Le dimanche 21 septembre 2008 à 15:07 +0200, Cyril Brulebois a écrit :
> Julien Lavergne <julien.lavergne@gmail.com> (16/09/2008):
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "gnome-art-ng".
> > The goal of Gnome-art-ng is to replace gnome-art (non maintained
> > upstream, see http://www.miketech.net/gnome-art/index.php). It provides
> > the same features: […]
>
> Maybe you could keep the original name, then? Or at least provide an
> upgrade path from the no-longer-maintained package (to coordinate with
> the maintainer(s) of that latter)?

Yes it's a replacement but it's another upstream author, another
language ... completely a new software. Upstream also keep a different
name. I think it's better to keep both names.
The upgrade path is a good idea. (except if people didn't want a Mono
program ...), but I'll prefer a few testing before this.

Regards,
Julien Lavergne