Re: Problem with dpkg-buildpackage

Jann Horn <jannhorn@googlemail.com> writes:

> I changed the rules, you're right. I did so because of this report:
>         Your package does not seem to be lintian clean.
>         'lintian' is a tool to verify if source package contain obvious
>         packaging errors. These warnings/errors were found:
>         W: cdarch source: binary-arch-rules-but-pkg-is-arch-indep
>         N:
>         N:   It looks like you try to run code in the binary-arch target
>         of
>         N:   debian/rules, even though your package is architecture-
>         independent.
> How can I avoid this without crashing the rules?

You should always have both ‘binary-arch’ and ‘binary-indep’ targets
in your ‘debian/rules’ file.

If your package produces architecture-independent packages, put
appropriate actions in the ‘binary-indep’ target. Otherwise, leave
that target empty.

If your package produces architecture-dependent packages, put
appropriate actions in the ‘binary-arch’ target. Otherwise, leave that
target empty.

--
 \         “Simplicity and elegance are unpopular because they require |
  `\           hard work and discipline to achieve and education to be |