Re: GPL v1 files

El Monday 25 August 2008 04:35:10 Ben Finney escribió:
> Noel David Torres Taño <envite@rolamasao.org> writes:
>
> > I have some files in the package I'm maintaining which are (most
> > probably) under GPLv1.
>
> Is GPL version 1 specified? Or is it licensed under "the GNU General
> Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation" without a
> version number? Or something else?
>
> This hinges on the exact text of the grant of license. Please show it
> here so we can examine what it says.
>
> --
>  \            “Conscience is the inner voice that warns us somebody is |
>   `\                                       looking.” —Henry L. Mencken |
> _o__)                                                                  |
> Ben Finney

There is nothing like that. There is only a declaration saying that
the author "release this version under the GPL" and about other places
says things like "It's also GPLed" or simply names a series of files
and says "GPL".

Just check the copyright file of wmaker-data, the package that I'm
trying to improve/clean. That's what I'm talking about.

Thanks

Noel Torres
er Envite