Re: binary-without-manpage

"Jeffrey Ratcliffe" <jeffrey.ratcliffe@gmail.com> writes:

> 2008/8/21 Daniel Leidert <Daniel.Leidert.Spam@gmx.net>:
> > You simply don't install debian/ocroscript.1. Read dh_installman(1) and
> > install it by a ocropus.manpages debhelper file or by adding it to the
> > dh_installman call in debian/rules.
>
> Absolutely right:
>
> dh_installman debian/ocroscript.1
>
> did the trick. Don't understand why the filename was needed though,
> when it wasn't in every other package I have prepared.

The filename is only required for manpage files that are *not* listed
in 'debian/nameofpackage.manpages'.

=====
$ man dh_installman
[…]

       Any man page filenames specified as parameters will be
       installed into the first package dh_installman is told to act
       on. By default, this is the first binary package in
       debian/control, but if you use -p, -i, or -a flags, it will be
       the first package specified by those flags.

       Files named debian/package.manpages can list other man pages to
       be installed.
=====

So, if you have 'debian/ocropus.manpages' with the following content:

=====
debian/ocroscript.1
=====

then the 'debian/rules' file could invoke 'dh_installman' with no
parameters, and it would read the above configuration file for the
manpage files to install.

--
 \       “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “Well, I think |
  `\   so (hiccup), but Kevin Costner with an English accent?” —_Pinky |