Re: RFS: Second try for twiki-ldapcontrib, new upstream version - Re: RFS: twiki-ldapcontrib - LDAP services for TWiki

OoO Pendant  le temps de midi du  samedi 16 août 2008,  vers 12:36, Sven
Dowideit <SvenDowideit@home.org.au> disait :

> frustratingly, I'm not a DD
> and Worse. I have an emergency update to TWiki for a security issue that
> needs fixing for Lenny, but I have no DD to help me upload it

> Anyone here willing to do a  quick package upload of TWiki in the next
> day?

Hi Sven!

I would be happy  to upload your fix but I disagree  with it. As pointed
by Olivier at the end of the  bug report, /tmp can be flushed at boot or
by some cronjobs. Therefore, you  cannot ensure that the twiki directory
still exists when twiki will be running.

I  cannot  give  an  universal   solution,  but  in  Roundcube,  we  use
/var/lib/roundcube/temp and  we provide  a cron job  that will  clean it
every m days where <m> can  be set by the user in /etc/default/roundcube
(and I just noticed that this is broken... will upload a fix). This way,
we don't fill  up /var but we don't rely on  anything in /tmp. Moreover,
we  don't have  to handle  a complex  script in  postinst  to circumvent
symlinks attacks.

The problem with webapps is that we don't have a clear policy of what to
do. You  can just  look at other  packages, like  phpmyadmin, mediawiki,
etc. Each attempt to establish a webapps policy seems to be aborted.
--
Make sure all variables are initialised before use.