Re: Preferred way to do a chown on package's dirs ?

Le jeudi 07 août 2008 à 20:31 +0200, Cyril Brulebois a écrit :
> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> (07/08/2008):
> > I'm surprised that this doesn't work.  Shouldn't fakeroot handle this
> > case and do the right thing?  Or am I confused about what fakeroot is
> > capable of?
>
> First guess would be missing -X in dh_fixperms call.

You're right, also changing the orger of the dh_fixperms and chown
helps. And that works then even with fakeroot, of course.

Thanks to all who responded.

Still I guess there would be some need for docs about all that in
packaging guides ?

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger@it-sudparis.eu>