Re: [Fwd] bug #292231 - fixed in upstream, pending 412 days

OoO  Pendant  le  repas du  mardi  05  août  2008, vers  19:08,  jaromil
<jaromil@dyne.org> disait :

>> If  you want  package to  be  in Lenny,  you should  prepare an  NMU
>> correcting  debian/copyright to  say that  the manual  page  is also
>> licensed under GFDL  with no invariant and point  to the correct CVS
>> commit stating this.

> i don't really know NMU but the commit is here

> http://git.dyne.org/index.cgi?url=hasciicam/commit/&id=40bcb3a0e84f03952e1b51b6e77f0f877b91a1d4

> (it passed so much time that in the meantime we moved to svn and git)

I though that you wanted to do the NMU yourself. Do you seek for someone
else to do it? I can do it if you wish.

>> For the future,  if you want to be maintainer, you  will need to ask
>> Christian to orphan  the package. If he is not able  to, you need to
>> ask qa to  orphan the package with the facts  that the maintainer is
>> not available  any more. If you  just try to hijack  the package, it
>> will be more difficult to find a sponsor for it.

> what a kafkian situation, considering i wrote the code and i'm keen to
> adapt the licensing  to debian! now i'm seriously  reconsidering to be
> involved in all this. i hope Luca has some more patience.

Well,  I  am  sorry  for   this  situation  but  dealing  with  inactive
maintainers has always been a difficult task in Debian.
--
panic("mother...");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/drivers/block/cpqarray.c