Re: RFS: protobuf

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 04:55:21PM +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> OoO Lors de la soirée naissante du dimanche 13 juillet 2008, vers 18:43,
> Iustin Pop <iusty@k1024.org> disait :
>
> > * Package name    : protobuf
> >   Version         : 2.0.0~b-1
> >   Upstream Author : Google Inc.
> > * URL             : http://code.google.com/p/protobuf/
> > * License         : Apache-2
> >   Section         : devel
>
> Hi Iustin!

Hi Vincent, thanks for your response!

> Some files are BSD licensed  (the ones in src/gtest). You should mention
> it in debian/copyright.

Fixed, sorry for not catching them.

> You use  DM-Upload-Allowed in debian/control.  This is not  usually done
> with a first time sponsor. Most sponsors will ask you to remove it.

Ah, I see.... For now I'll leave it, but I will remove it if required.

> The   long   description   in   debian/control   contains   some   weird
> characters (before "similar to XML").

Fixed. The copy-paste from the homepage copied UTF-8 dashes instead of
ASCII dashes.

> In debian/rules, remove commented calls to dh_*.

Fixed.

> I am  not really familiar with the  java part. Maybe, you  can post your
> RFS in debian-java@ mailing-list too. The python part seems to be ok for
> me.

Thanks for the tip, will do. The java part was done not by me
originally, but accepted as a patch from someone else - I'm also not
familiar with java packaging.

In the meantime, could you be kind and check at
http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/protobuf.git that the changes you
suggested are OK?

thanks!
iustin