Re: RFS: multiget: graphical download manager

OoO En  ce début  d'après-midi ensoleillé du  mercredi 09  juillet 2008,
vers 15:06, ""LI Daobing (李道兵)"" <lidaobing@gmail.com> disait :

> * Package name    : multiget
>   Version         : 1.2.0-1
>   Upstream Author : Liu Bin <sysnotdown@yahoo.com>
> * URL             : http://multiget.sourceforge.net/
> * License         : GPLv2
>   Section : net

In debian/control,  you should remove  DM-Upload-Allowed field. Usually,
you will have  a regular sponsor before being able to  use this field. I
suppose that you did put Julian Andres Klode <jak@jak-linux.org> because
he helped you with the packaging. I did  not check if he is DM but if he
is, DM-Upload-Allowed would apply to him too.

I think  the long description needs  to be shortened a  bit. The regular
user does not  care that multiget runs on Windows,  Linux, BSD. The fact
that it is programmed in C++  and using wxwidgets can be told using tags
instead. Most Debian application support  l10n by default. I don't think
that being able to switch the language on the fly is really important.

Since you have debian/dirs and debian/install files, use them instead of
using mkdir and install in debian/rules.

You should also provide a menu file (you can keep the desktop file).

There is some lintian warnings that you can fix easily:
W: multiget source: dpatch-missing-description gcc-4.3.dpatch
W: multiget source: configure-generated-file-in-source config.log
I: multiget: desktop-entry-contains-encoding-key /usr/share/applications/multiget.desktop:2 Encoding

Provided that you remove DM-Upload-Allowed field, I will upload multiget
for you.
--
BART BUCKS, ARE NOT LEGAL TENDER
BART BUCKS, ARE NOT LEGAL TENDER
BART BUCKS, ARE NOT LEGAL TENDER
-+- Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 8F06