Re: RFS: scim-python: python bindings and input methods for scim

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:05:25PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Hi Bas,

Hi,

> I may have made confusing statement for casual observer...
>
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 01:09:02PM +0200, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 10:06:27AM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > > In License, you have:
>
> This should have been "In copyright" file describing license term in the
> package, you (Mr. Li) have:"
>
> > > LGPL-2+ can also be treated as version 2.1 of GNU Lesser General Public
> > > License. On Debian systems, the complete text may be found in
> > > /usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL-2.1.
> > >
> > > LGPL-2+ can also be treated as version 3 of GNU Lesser General Public
> > > License. On Debian systems, the complete text may be found in
> > > /usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL-3.
> > > ---
> > >
> > > These are missleading.
> > <cut out stuff about GPL-3>
> > > I do not think you need these additional (and very misleading when mentioning
> > > GPL3) text here.  They are properly addressed in respective license or in
> > > source code as "or (at your option) any later version."
> >
> > You seem to have misread the license file (I didn't check, but only read
> > what you quoted).  It talks about LGPL-3, not about GPL-3.  It's not
> > misleading, just complete.
>
> I clearly made you confused. If you read packager's copyright file, you
> should have understood my comment.

I did read it now, but I still don't understand it.  The copyright file
doesn't talk about the GPL anywhere (except in the python part about
compatibility, but that's not about versions), it only talks about LGPL
versions.  You quoted this part of the copyright file (it's still quoted
above).

Do I understand correctly that your problem is "Mr. Li talks about
GPL, but the files are licensed LGPL"?

I would agree that he should not do this; I'm just saying that you seem
to have misread the file, because de doesn't talk about the GPL. ;-)

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html