Re: RFS: scim-python: python bindings and input methods for scim

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 10:06:27AM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> In License, you have:
> LGPL-2+ can also be treated as version 2.1 of GNU Lesser General Public
> License. On Debian systems, the complete text may be found in
> /usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL-2.1.
>
> LGPL-2+ can also be treated as version 3 of GNU Lesser General Public
> License. On Debian systems, the complete text may be found in
> /usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL-3.
> ---
>
> These are missleading.
<cut out stuff about GPL-3>
> I do not think you need these additional (and very misleading when mentioning
> GPL3) text here.  They are properly addressed in respective license or in
> source code as "or (at your option) any later version."

You seem to have misread the license file (I didn't check, but only read
what you quoted).  It talks about LGPL-3, not about GPL-3.  It's not
misleading, just complete.

The files are distributed with multiple licenses, namely LGPL-2,
LGPL-2.1, and LGPL-3.  Later versions are automatically added to that
list as they are released.

As always when receiving multiple licensed files, debian/copyright
should list them all.  Listing licenses which aren't released yet isn't
possible of course, but listing all currently available options is a
good idea IMO.  That's what the part you quoted does.

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html