Re: How to not break dependant packages

Le 17 juil. 08 à 16:19, Thibaut Paumard a écrit :

Le 17 juil. 08 à 15:38, Pietro Battiston a écrit :

Thibaut Paumard ha scritto:
I guess you are running unstable: you have to expect those
glitches. It should not happen in testing or stable.

Please forgive my ignorance: why shouldn't it happen in testing?

(I mean: by what control mechanism?)

A package won't migrate until all its dependencies can migrate as well. However here we are talking about reverse dependencies, so I'm not so sure anymore.

Actually I see a mechanism that should work (not sure whether it's a good idea though):

the claws-mail source package could provide a claws-mail-all binary package, which would depend on the right version of all the plug-ins. This way, the entire set of packages would be held out of testing as long as everything cannot come in.

Regards, T.