Re: RFS: dcraw (updated package)

Le Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 03:35:12PM +0200, Carl Fürstenberg a écrit :
> Hehe, perhaps I was too fast there. first of, I remade the package,
> making it less changed from the previous version. The only real change
> now is the new upsteam version and internationalization of manpages. I
> have contacted the maintainer, but no reply as of yet, I noticed that
> the wishlist report I made is a dupe from an bug report (marked
> important), made 45 days ago, and no reply by maintainer, so I'm
> afraid the maintainer is MIA.
> When is the final deadline for lenny? was hoping that the latest
> version could get squeezed in there.

Hi Carl,

there is no fixed deadline for Lenny, but the latest mail on
debian-devel-announce says mid-July, so if you add 10 days of delay
before migration to Testing, dcraw is maybe already out.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/06/msg00000.html

If the maintainer of the Debian dcraw pakcage is MIA, then it does not
make sense to do a NMU anyway: NM in NMU means 'Non-maintainer', not 'No
maintainer' ;) Basically whoever uploading a new upstream release would
have to take the responsability of the package and its bugs.

Not answering a wishlist bug is not the ultimate proof of disparition of
the maintainer. I think that if you collect evidence that he stopped to
post on the mailing lists he used to, if he does not answer mails asking
him if he still has time to give to Debian, and if he doe not react to a
'Intend to Hijack' email (CC debian-devel), then you may find a sponsor
that lets you taking over the responsability of the package (although I
would recommend team work for any package: we all can become MIA at any
time).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy