Re: Problem with implicit rule for .o files and overriding of CXXFLAGS.

Le Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 09:34:33PM +0300, Yavor Doganov a écrit :
> Charles Plessy wrote:
> > how about :
> >
> > When a Debian binary package is built, environment variables such as
> > {{{CFLAGS}}} and {{{CXXFLAGS}}} are set by {{{dpkg-buildpackage}}}
> > and may override the corresponding variables in the
> > {{{Makefile}}}.
>
> The matter is more complex in general; add here the well known fact
> that a truckload of upstream makefiles/build systems is broken.

Well, this is why I tried to write something in the wiki page that is
supposed to be something to read for upstream maintainers. But I am not
a C programmer, I do not think I can improve what I wrote any further. I
can delete it if it is too confusing, however.

Thanks for the explanation anyway, this FLAGS management is a real
headache…

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy