Re: Factorised code for adding a file in /etc/apache2/conf.d/ and restarting apache ?

Le Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 11:02:50AM +0200, Stefan Fritsch a écrit :
> On Saturday 05 July 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:
> >  - restart apache.
>
> A reload should be enough. Don't restart apache if it is not necessary
> (as it aborts active connections and may require the admin to enter
> ssl key passphrases, etc.).

Thanks a lot for the answer. Would something like:

if [ -x /etc/init.d/apache2 ]; then
    if which invoke-rc.d >/dev/null 2>&1; then
        invoke-rc.d apache2 reload
    else
        /etc/init.d/apache2 reload
    fi
fi

be acceptable?

> It would be nice
> though, if the restart was only done when necessary (on new installs
> and on upgrades if the config file changed).

Hmmm, I am not sure to know how to test if the config was changed...

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org