Re: RFS: giver

Hello!

I've had a quick look at your package, and even though I'm no expert on
c# I think it could use some additional work to reach perfection.

Please see the Debian CLI Policy....

http://pkg-mono.alioth.debian.org/cli-policy/

There are some stuff like using dh_clideps which is an absolute minimum
for a C# package as far as I know. You should be able to find alot of
other useful hints in there as well to improve your package.

You'll find experts on this topic in #debian-mono on irc.OFTC.net (aka.
irc.debian.org). You should probably ask them for review of your package
as well!

You should also try running lintian against your packages .changes file
after building it. You'll get some warnings and with the -i switch
you'll get some hints on fixes.

Last but not least I'd like to question your choice of using GPL
licensing for the package of a program licensed under MIT. This might cause
trouble when sending things upstream (atleast if you get contributions
which you are not the copyright holder of yourself and need to ask for
permission to relicense). I recommend every maintainer do this regularly
with as much as possible to keep the differences as small.
(You could start with your manual page for example.)

HTH, HAND.

--
Regards,
Andreas Henriksson