Re: RFS: fbreader (updated package)

OoO Lors  de la  soirée naissante  du samedi 14  juin 2008,  vers 18:24,
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin" <jackyf.devel@gmail.com> disait :

>     You should use a patch management system. This is easier to track change
>     this way. To delete lines from  .desktop file, you could also use sed if
>     you prefer to  not clutter your package with  one-liner patch (but patch
>     is easier to read and to export).

> Now package uses quilt.

Hi Eugene!

You can include /usr/share/quilt/quilt.make instead of copying it. Then,
you should build-depends on quilt (>= 0.24).

>     I think  that long  description in debian/control  are too  short. After
>     reading them, I wonder what "zlibrary core" is.

> Enhanced description a bit.

You should copy your long description in each package. This is because a
user may read the long description of any of the package without reading
the description of libzlcore.

>     You  may   want  to   use  dh_link  to   add  symbolic  links   to  your
>     package.

> dh_link works on either one or all binary packages, my situation is only the
> last binary package 'fbreader'. Thanks for idea, though.

I don't quite understand. You can create a file fbreader.links and add:
usr/bin/FBReader usr/bin/fbreader
usr/share/man/man1/FBReader.1.gz usr/share/man/man1/fbreader.1.gz

I don't  remember when  dh_compress is called,  you might have  to adapt
this a bit.
--
I WILL NOT DRIVE THE PRINCIPAL'S CAR
I WILL NOT DRIVE THE PRINCIPAL'S CAR
I WILL NOT DRIVE THE PRINCIPAL'S CAR
-+- Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 7F06