Re: RFS: fbreader (updated package)

OoO En  cette nuit striée d'éclairs  du lundi 02 juin  2008, vers 02:05,
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin" <jackyf.devel@gmail.com> disait:

> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.8.17-8
> of my package "fbreader".

> It builds these binary packages:
> fbreader   - e-book reader
> libzlcore  - zlibrary core
> libzlcore-dev - zlibrary core - development files
> libzltext  - zlibrary text model/viewer
> libzltext-dev - zlibrary text model/viewer - development files
> libzlui-gtk - Gtk interface module for zlibrary
> libzlui-maemo - Maemo interface module for zlibrary
> libzlui-qt - Qt3 interface module for zlibrary
> libzlui-qt4 - Qt4 interface module for zlibrary

> The upload would fix these bugs: 434689

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/fbreader/fbreader_0.8.17-8.dsc

Hi Eugene!

You should use a patch management system. This is easier to track change
this way. To delete lines from  .desktop file, you could also use sed if
you prefer to  not clutter your package with  one-liner patch (but patch
is easier to read and to export).

I think  that long  description in debian/control  are too  short. After
reading them, I wonder what "zlibrary core" is.

You  may   want  to   use  dh_link  to   add  symbolic  links   to  your
package. Moreover, I  think that the trick that you added  at the end of
debian/rules to satisfy lintian is not needed anymore.

At least,  the package  does not  seem to compile  in a  freshly updated
pbuilder:
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/buildd/fbreader-0.8.17/zlibrary/ui'
Package xcb-renderutil was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xcb-renderutil.pc'
Package 'xcb-renderutil', required by 'cairo', not found
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/buildd/fbreader-0.8.17/zlibrary/ui/src/gtk/time'
Compiling ZLGtkTime.o ...ZLGtkTime.cpp:20:18: warning: glib.h: No such file or directory

This does  not seem  to be a  missing dependency.  I don't have  time to
investigate, but maybe this is related to newly introduced xcb packages?
Or maybe not.
--
panic("Oh boy, that early out of memory?");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/arch/mips/mm/init.c