Re: RFS: NMU: orange -- extracts CAB files from self-extracting installers

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 10:10:56 -0500
Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net> wrote:

> Neil Williams wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 09:12 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> >
> >> Barry - what about the other packages by the same maintainer (quite a
> >> few of them also have RC bugs)? The reason for orphaning orange applies
> >> to the other packages too. (mia-query does show that voc is MIA).
> >>

> > I'll follow up on that myself - I did an NMU on another package by the
> > same maintainer yesterday. Sorry for the noise.
> >
> Neil,
>
> I was slowly working on that list.  Are you saying you are going to take
> care of orphaning the rest?
>
> Just don't want to duplicate work.

I've emailed the MIA alias to see if all the packages should be
orphaned.

However, I've had email problems for the last day or so but I haven't
heard anything so far.

If you want to do it, please do so. Once orphaned, if nobody picks up
those packages, a new version should be uploaded as a QA upload (allow
at least 7 days). That is the time to fix all possible lintian errors
and warnings, make other quality improvements and basically bring all
these packages up to the highest quality in Debian. I'll gladly sponsor
the ones you want to do and help with the others if necessary.

--

Neil Williams