Re: bits from the DMs/NMs/AMs?

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 11:55:21 +0900
Paul Wise <pabs-survey-nm-2008@debian.org> wrote:

|If you are in NM, a DM, an AM, just having packages sponsored by DDs or
|maybe recently became a DD, I'd love to hear from you.
|
|When replying, tell me anything you want to, but if you can't think of
|anything, here are some ideas to get you started:

Hi Pabs,

Here is my points regarding NM process and my experience with it.

I applied for NM too early right after my initial packages were accepted
in unstable and quick work by my sponsors (haggai, gunnar and panthera).

I was then addicted to introduce more and more packages! I got my AM after
3 months (Feb 07). But, it took 30 days to get reply from initial FD
contact mail regarding putting me hold till Feb 07.

My suggestion is to have quick review of applicants, so that right
candidate need not to wait for AM. It should not be FCFS at all (or it is
still not, I don't have clear idea).

My conversation with my AM (adn) was smooth and quick till he was busy
after August (and sometime it was due to my frequent travels). then again
November to Feb 08 had very low activity. Because, I have huge number of
package to be review by him (well, its still going on).

- From my experience, I suggest that NM should be restricted to some number
of packages (depends on how candidate is, or need to find someway to
handle this). Or AM + Sponsor must review hard the packages before he
starts uploading the package.

And, yes, I am very excited to finish the NM process. I still have to
clear big thing: AM Report+FD+DAM. How can it be much active?

Adding practical things in NM process is much better.

Thanks for mail! Hope that it will bring some good results.

- --
Cheers,
Kartik Mistry | 0xD1028C8D | IRC: kart_
Blogs: {ftbfs,kartikm}.wordpress.com

It is impossible for an optimist to be pleasantly surprised.
The good die young -- because they see it's no use living if you've got
to be good.
		-- John Barrymore
You will be married within a year.