Re: RFS: failmalloc

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 12:31:16PM +0100, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> Again: there is no need to save the old config.guess and config.sub.
> Just delete them in clean and copy them in before configuring, all
> problems solved.

Because:

> the unpacked source is back to pristine upstream after the make clean
> target, which is particularly nice if you have your tree in a VCS and
> don't want to keep filtering the sub/guess changes out of commits.

That is, if you branch, make a change, do a build, see it worked, do a
clean, then want to commit your change, you don't have config/sub diffs
in your commit (or have to fix them by hand for each feature add). Also,
2, there's the potential for "not the same two builds in a row", which
afaik is a QA goal for lenny.

But I haven't seen anyone actually do this in packages, so I'd love to
hear people's opinions on the matter.

--
Jon Dowland