Re: Help with watch file -- pre-release upstream versions

Am Montag, den 11.02.2008, 02:23 +0100 schrieb Székelyi Szabolcs:

> What's the usual way of handling "preX" upstream version numbers in
> watch files? I'm having trouble because uscan considers 1.0pre3 newer
> than 1.0.

IMO you have two options:

1) Ignore the pre-versions by a rule like

http://domain.tld/foobar-([\d.]+)\.tar\.gz

if you are not going to package pre-releases. This will exclude all
versions including a "pre" term after the version number.

2) Use a uversionsmnagle:

opts=uversinmangle=s/pre/~pre/ \
  http://domain.tld/foobar-(.+)\.tar\.gz

Regards, Daniel