Re: Copyright question (BSD with advertisement clause)

Riku Voipio wrote:
> I think the short term solution to this dilemma is to compile a list
> of attributions needed to be included in advertizment material.
> Also a list should be compiled attributions needed n documentation
> (such as libjpeg's). Obviously most distributors/boob writers will
> not notice such lists, but that's a different problem...

Most writers don't have to worry about it, it's not as if we advertise
Debian as "Debian.. now with Thomas G. Lane's JPEG support and OpenSSL".
The advertisement clause tries to not allow those specific attributions
to be used in advertisements; it does NOT require that advertisements
contain any specific list of citations.

--
see shy jo