Re: Copyright question (BSD with advertisement clause)

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 01:34:53PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I think that it is a bit frivolous to distribute software with
> advertisment clause in main and not properly warning the redistributors,

I think the short term solution to this dilemma is to compile a list
of attributions needed to be included in advertizment material.
Also a list should be compiled attributions needed n documentation
(such as libjpeg's). Obviously most distributors/boob writers will
not notice such lists, but that's a different problem...

> Anyway, I really think that there are good chances to obtain a
> relicencing, that is by far the best way to find a solution that
> pleases everybody.

This is even better, but it can pontially take a very long time.
I believe it has bee requested from OpenSSL people years ago..

--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups