DD lite

I've had it suggested to me that there's a new streamlined Debian Maintainer role, that gives DD-like privileges over a limited number of packages. Some quick web searching doesn't reveal anything. Does anyone know anything about this?

While currently I have no desire to become a full DD --- I *like* having a sponsor check my new packages, thanks very much --- this would be a big benefit for doing bugfixes and incremental upgrades of my existing packages: I would be able to do minor changes and upload them without having to hassle my sponsor. And since they'd only be minor changes, they might even work, too.

Does such a thing exist?

--
David Given
dg@cowlark.com