Re: cttex (updated package)

On Feb 2, 2008 11:23 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Feb 2, 2008 1:20 PM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Your orig.tar.gz is different from the 1.23-1 one on snapshot.debian.net, why?
> > Looking at the code, it seems you checked it out of CVS again, best
> > just to use the old tarball.
>
> In addition, it seems there is a new upstream version, or a fork or
> something (I don't read Thai):
>
> http://vuthi.blogspot.com/2004/07/cttex.html
>
> You might want to figure out what the deal is there.

It's the upstream author's blog. It seems he has forgotten
the CVS version, leaving me think it has been abandoned.
:-(

The new upstream tarball [1] is one-third of the size of
1.23 that was in debian. I think the author has dropped
some word lists that are in CVS.

  [1] http://www.mm.co.th/pub/firefox-thai/cttex-1.30.tgz

Probably, Vuthichai, the upstream author (Cc:) could
suggest what to do.

Meanwhile, I think Prach had better build deb from the new
upstream version instead.

==
To P'Hui Vuthichai:

  This message is from debian-mentors about the cttex
  package adoption. Chanop has orphaned the latest
  debian version, 1.23, which was built from LTN CVS
  snapshot, and now Prach Pongpanich has offered to
  adopt it. Could you give us a hint what to do between
  the old and the new version? Should they be merged,
  or should we just completely discard the old one?

  Thanks.
===

Regards,
--