Alternative to config-package-dev

Dear Debian mentors, dear maintainer of config-package-dev,

I like the idea of using configuration packages a lot (see
http://wiki.debian.org/ConfigPackages ). But I wanted more functionality
than config-package-dev provided, so I wrote my own collection of
scripts. My question is: what to do with it? I see the following
possibilities:

* Is there any interest in adding the new functionality to
config-package-dev (question is mostly for Mr. Abbott)? I specifically
did *not* use CDBS here to keep Build-Depends short, though.
* Should this be refined into a new package, with the executables in
/usr/bin and the debian/ template directory somewhere in /usr/share/ ?
* Would there be a prospective sponsor for such a package?
* Should this just be kept as a tar.bz2 referenced in some blog, i.e.
not added to Debian?

A short introduction into the features of my script collection:

* Basically a "debian/" directory useful as a template to create a
configuration package with the following features:
** It depends on and conflicts with selectable other packages.
** It can preseed the debconf database.
** It contains arbitrary files.
** Files can be configured to replace configuration files of other packages.
** It can run arbitrary scripts at the end of the postinst and the
beginning of the prerm stages.

* Additionally, there is a template for an "installation script". This
is a single file that, when executed from a rescue-system, partitions
the hard drives, creates RAID, LUKS and LVM virtual devices, creates
filesystems, runs debootstrap and then installs a configuration package.
This can set up a working server in just a few minutes and is supposed
to be used for when a "normal" installation with the Debian installer is
not feasible (remote server with ssh-enabled rescue-system).

My current script collection with a very small example is available
under http://www.debian.mandel.name/ for your review.

Thank you for your input,
Olaf Mandel
--