RFS: ganttpv (was: Re: Processed: owner 509061)

Hello Brian,

[CC'ing debian-mentors]

2008/12/19 Brian C. Christensen <brian@pureviolet.net>:
> Raphael,
>
> This is my first time submitting a request to get a package into Debian, so
> I don't know whether I'm supposed to contact you or not. If not, please
> ignore this email.

You can contact me, just like anybody else, if you wish to; but there's no
requirement ;)
I'm just another folk working on Debian.

> I have taken my best shot at packaging GanttPV for Debian. I have posted
> requests for a sponsor on the sponsors web site and on the mentors web site.
> I have also sent the template email to the mentors mailing list and uploaded
> the ".change" file.
>
> Is there anything else that I am supposed to be doing to move this forward?

First of all, have you seen the two replies sent to your email to the mentors
mailing list?
You can see your thread at
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.mentors/34499
or in a different view:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.mentors/34499
or all alone:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.mentors/34499

If you are not subscribed to the mailing list then say so when sending your
messages, so that people can send you a copy of the message when replying.

> From what I can see, I've had nibbles but no bites. I am hoping that someone
> will be able to look it over and let know if something is wrong. One problem
> I know about is that I don't know how to set it up so that double clicking
> on a ".ganttpv" file would open the file with GanttPV. It appears that I
> need to add a new mime type and icon somewhere, but I can't find the
> documentation that says where and how to do that.

That's done thanks to the .desktop files and to some other magic trick which I
don't remember very well right now.
You can start by taking a look at the .desktop files specifications at:
http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-latest.html

> In the mean time I'm trying to get people to try out my deb file. Assuming
> it works for them, I'll get the deb file posted on the GanttPV download
> site.
>
> Regards,
> Brian C. Christensen
>

> On Dec 18, 2008, at 8:27 PM, Debian Bug Tracking System wrote:
>
>> Processing commands for control@bugs.debian.org:
>>
>>> owner 509061 Brian C. Christensen <brian@pureviolet.net>
>>
>> Bug 509061 [wnpp] ITP: ganttpv -- project scheduling software
>> Owner recorded as Brian C. Christensen <brian@pureviolet.net>.
>>>
>> End of message, stopping processing here.
>>
>> Please contact me if you need assistance.
>>
>> Debian bug tracking system administrator
>> (administrator, Debian Bugs database)

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net

Douglas MacArthur  - "We are not retreating - we are advancing in another
direction."