Re: RFS: ganttpv

Hi,

Jonathan Wiltshire said:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 05:12:38PM -0700, Brian C. Christensen wrote:
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "ganttpv".
>>
>> * Package name    : ganttpv
>>   Version         : 0.11a-1
>>   Upstream Author : Brian C. Christensen
>> * URL             : http://www.pureviolet.net/ganttpv/
>> * License         : GPL version 2
>>   Section         : office
>
> IANADD and can't upload for you, but some review:
Also IANADD, and only one correction:

> This appears to be a debian-native package (is it?) because the debian
> directory is included in the upstream source, so you should drop the
> debian revision from your version number to just leave ganttpv-0.11a (no
> -1).
I don't agree: the 'debian' directory is IMHO not part of the original
sources, the .orig.tar.gz and the .diff have just not been properly
generated (the original source archive is even part of the modified source
archive). You need to generate a new *clean* original archive, without
your changes (especially the ./debian sub-directory).

What I don't understand is how you come to a version 0.11a, where the only
version found on GanttPV is 0.10!?

Sidenote: from different discussions on this list, my understanding is
that a debian-native package is not a package where upstream happens to
have a ./debian sub-directory in their source, but a package for a
software specifically meant for Debian (e.g. debhelper).

Eric

--
Eric de France, d'Allemagne et de Navarre