#506353 CVE-2008-5312/3: mailscanner might allow local users to overwrite arbitrary files via a symlink attack

Hi,

as you can see here[1] I have got a little security problem with the
package[2] I maintain.

Upstream has fixed the problem quite fast[3] in the last release (4.74.8-1).
I can easily bring this into sid, but what's about lenny?

lenny (testing) 4.68.8-1: all

Is there a chance to get 4.74.8 unblocked? Is it very unwise to even
try so? Do I have to contact security team and work on a fix for
4.68.8?

Any suggestion/hints where to look or whom to talk to?

--
Regards
Simon Walter

[2] http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=mailscanner