Re: RFS: webcpp (adoption, bugfix and standards/dh7)

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 02:32, Jonathan Wiltshire
<debian@jwiltshire.org.uk> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am seeking a sponsor for my package webcpp

Here a review:

debian/compat
- has 5 while you declare versioned build-dep on debhelper >=7

debian/rules
- don't export DH_VERBOSE
- you can remove the commented header
- no need to "[ ! -f configure-stamp ] || ..." since -stamp targets
are only executed is -stamp file is missing
- -stamp file are sually touched with "touch $@" (less spelling
problem and chars to digit ;) )
- instead of "ln -s" you can use dh_link and its file to create symlinks
- you may "play" a bit with Makefile (patching it) instead of install
doc.html in a dir and then move it into Debian right place

debian/README.source
- it's missing, but it's needed by 3.8.0, to explain that you're using
a patch system.

All the rest if fine, so I kindly ask you this additional effort for
the package, and then I can upload your package.

Once you'll have prepared the package, please upload again to mentors and reply.

Kindly,