Re: RFS: esekeyd (3rd try)

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 12:22, Sandro Tosi <matrixhasu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 12:19, Krzysztof Burghardt
> <krzysztof@burghardt.pl> wrote:
>> Dear mentors,
>>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "esekeyd".
>
> Giving it a look.

debian/compat:
- please use a more up-to-date debhelper (either 5 or 7 is fine), 4 is
a little old nowdays :)
- uncapitalize short description: "multime..."
- every 2.6 kernel is enough? if not, please clearly state it in the
description

debian/copyright:
- please use a more precise template like this:

Upstream Author:

    name <email>

Copyright:

    <copyright line>

License:

    <license>

all indented with 4 chars.
- for GPLv2+. it's better to link to /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2
- mh: you claim it's GPLv2+ but the COPYING files is GPLv3+? may you
please clarify a bit?
- please clearly state what's the debian/* copyright+license, and it's
usually better to have the same license of the upstream code (pretty
here here :) )
- please list all the copyright holder for any file shipped, for
example debian/esekeyd.init has even jfs as holder, and it's missing
in debian/copyright
- and even for every file shipped in the source tarball, like
./src/esekeyd.c has different copyright notices, or for file with
different copyright years than the one you stated in this file, like
./src/input.c (and this file even miss a clear license). I use this
command 'find . -type f -exec less {} \;' in the top level dir to
check every file: please list all the files differing from the main
copyright holder + license (and extend your copyright years as in the
file in the tarball)

debian/watch:
- well, maybe it's not so useful this time, but I like to see a watch
file: it's very easy to add it, and it completes the package

debian/rules:
- when touching stamp file, use 'touch $@'
- no need to call dh_clean in install target (moreover, -k option is deprecated)
- merge 'rm -f' into dh_clean
- mh, about copying /usr/share/misc/config.sub, why are you copying
them in clean target and not in configure? maybe autotools-dev does
the magic, but it seems strange to me

In case of any question, just ask :) and get back to me once you
prepared the updated package (same revision for me, thanks). Thanks
for the work done so far.

Cheers,