Re: GPG Keys

Hello,

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 10:14, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
<bss03@volumehost.net> wrote:
> I have two GPG keys, one for my laptop and one for my desktop.  I've probably
> got a third for my VPS, but I don't thinkn that's on the public keyservers
> yet and I only use it so my local apt repository is signed.  But, I digress.
>
> mentors.d.n seems to want a single GPG key.  I imagine that becoming a DD
> would probably entail reducing my keys down to one (1) as well.
> Unfortunately, I haven't found a good method for accessing a single private
> key from the multiple computers I work in front of regularly.
>
> Any suggestions on the best way to do that?  In particular I've considered a
> USB key, but I'd like it to be automatically mounted in a consistent location
> so my always-running-when-I'm-there gnupg-agent (and kgpg) can find it.

you can copy .gpg/ dir from one system to others; it might not be the
most secure way to do it, but it works.

> One of the how-to-get-a-sponsor guides indicated that my GPG key needs to be
> in the Debian web-of-trust (currently, it is in no web-of-trust).

while this is encouraged, it is not needed to have your key in the
"Debian web of trust" if you don't want to become a DD.

>  It's
> relatively easy to confirm that I'm bss03@volumehost.net -- we could do that
> via email.

it's not as easy as you might think... you can claim to be another
person, for example stealing the other's email account.

>  If you'd prefer to see my passport and/or DL to confirm I'm Boyd
> Stephen Smith Jr., we'll have to meet in person; who's closest to
> Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA?

take a look at https://nm.debian.org/gpg.php

Kindly,