Re: Preferred version format for svn revisions?

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 11:20, Guido Loupias <guidoloupias@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sandro Tosi schreef:
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 10:45, Guido Loupias <guidoloupias@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Could someone tell me if there is a preferred version format for svn
>>> revisions?
>>> Right now I have something like
>>> <latestupstreamversion>+svn<revisionnumber>.
>>
>> Here[1] you can find some information on this item, and on writing
>> get-orig-source debian/rules target.
>
> Is the get-orig-source rule really necessary? From what I can see all it
> does is grab the same svn revision that's already in the .orig.tar.gz. Am I
> missing something? My .orig.tar.gz is also of the version format
> <latestupstreamversion>+svn<revisionnumber>. Is this wrong then?

yes it it: you have to provide a programmatical way to
retrive/generate the orig.tar.gz, either downloading from upstream
website (as usually done for a "real" release) of with that
get-orig-source target. The code I link you to generates the tarball,
starting from the revision number you used in debian/changelog.