Re: RFS: bzr-diffstat

Michal Čihař <nijel@debian.org> writes:

> Dne Wed, 29 Oct 2008 19:07:34 +0000 "David Futcher"
> <bobbo@ubuntu.com> napsal(a):
> > On 29/10/2008, Michal Čihař <nijel@debian.org> wrote:
> > > Lintian -I:
> > >
> > > I: bzr-diffstat source: debian-watch-file-is-missing

> > The package is based completely on bzr checkouts, how should I
> > write a watchfile for this? I couldnt think of any way to do it.
>
> Then it is okay not to have it. Anyway you might try to persuade
> upstream to make releases...
[…]
> Anyway when you create the tarball, you should provide at least
> debian/README.source describing how to recreate it and preferably
> also get-orig-source target in debian/rules, which would do it.

You should also write a ‘debian/watch’ file that consists only of
comments explaining the situation. This serves the dual purpose of
providing an online explanation in the DEHS report, and of satisfying
‘lintian’.

For a similar situation where I've used this approach, see
<URL:http://packages.qa.debian.org/d/docutils-writer-manpage.html>.

--
 \      “It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh |
  `\                                        at that man.” —Jack Handey |