Re: RFS: bzr-diffstat

Hi

Dne Wed, 29 Oct 2008 08:59:29 +0000
"David Futcher" <bobbo@ubuntu.com> napsal(a):

> Dear Mentors,
>
> I am still looking for a sponsor for my package 'bzr-diffstat'. The
> aim is to get it into Ubuntu Jaunty, which would mean getting it into
> Debian Sid by mid-to-late December. I would be very grateful towards
> anyone that could help me with this.
>
> Below are the details of bzr-diffstat:
>
> On 03/09/2008, David Futcher <bobbo@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > * Package name    : bzr-diffstat
> >  Version         : 0.2.0+bzr17-1
> >  Upstream Author : Michael Ellerman, Russ Brown
> > * URL             : https://www.launchpad.net/bzr-diffstat
> > * License         : GPL-2 +
> >  Section         : devel
> >
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > bzr-diffstat - Plugin to generate diffstats for bzr revisions
> >
> > The package appears to be lintian clean.
> >
> > The upload would fix these bugs: 497150
> >
> > The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> > - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
> > main contrib non-free
> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/b/bzr-diffstat/bzr-diffstat_0.2.0+bzr17-1.dsc

Lintian -I:

I: bzr-diffstat source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
I: bzr-diffstat: package-contains-empty-directory usr/bin/
I: bzr-diffstat: package-contains-empty-directory usr/sbin/

debian/rules:

why you ignore error from rm -rf?

debian/copyright:

You write GPL2 or later, while setup.py says GPLV2. Anyway upstream
should include more license information.

Other:

I think it would be better to install NEWS as changelog using
dh_changelog.

Having debian directory in upstream and patching is not the best way to
go. I think you should remove it from upstream and distribute it in
Debian diff.