Re: RFS: kio-ftps-kde4

Le mardi 07 octobre 2008 à 21:00, Sune Vuorela a écrit :
> I don't have any ftps services to test it with, but kde packaging is not
> new to me, so I can review the packaging at least, but don't expect a
> upload.

I'm new in Debian packaging, any advice are welcome. I use this KIO slave with
a ProFTPd on a Debian Etch server without any problem. If you want to test it
I can create a test account on my server.

> What's with all those commented dh_ foo lines in the rules file ?

Mmm it's default dh_ commands, I suppose I have to delete what I don't need ?

> You asked about how to use cmake. Why did you completely ignore the
> replies? The cmake usage is wrong.

I read the advice to build the binaries in a different subdirectory and you
seemed to agree that. You also recommended automoc but I didn't found
documentation about how to use it. What's wrong with the cmake usage ?

I saw your patch on dh-make but it concerns the 0.46 version, I used the 0.42
from Lenny. I will use a Debian Sid virtual machine to build the package.

> The copyright file is a joke, right ?
>
> How it the rfc file licensed? usually they are non-free.

I will add:

Others Copyrights :
 - rfc4217.txt : 2005, The Internet Society

Do I have to include the full license applied to the document in the copyright
file ?

> Upstream should add himself to the files. David is not upstream. But
> that's not something you should fix, but just forward.

The "David Faure" copyright is mensionned in the source code but the "Markus
Kulke" copyright is mensionned in the readme file. David Faure seems to be
the original author of kio-ftp which is the base of kio-ftps written by
Magnus Kulke. So I have to put both in the copyright file ?

What's wrong more with the copyright file ?

> Why do you call your package kio-ftps-kde4 and not just kio-ftps?  It
> won't be around for lenny release and squeeze will be kde4 only.

I will change the package name to "kio-ftps". Do I have to post a new ITP with
the new package name ?

> > The package appears to be lintian clean.
>
> No it doesn't.
>
> Lintian warns about rpath. Please don't build with rpath.

According to lintian 1.24.2.1 from Lenny (and I suppose the same version is
used on the mentors.debian.net system ?) it seems to be clean. I suppose you
are using lintian 2.0.0 from Sid, I just installed it.

Adding "-D CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH:boolean=true" when calling cmake seems to fix the
problem, is it the correct way to do that ? I just saw this option in your
dh-make patch so I suppose yes, I will use dh-make 0.46 it will be better.

> That's what I noticed for now. but i guess it needs at least one more
> iteration.

Thank you for your answer, I know you have experience in Debian packaging and
you can teach me important informations to make better packages. I'm ready to
learn new things to help the Debian project but I'm not sure using sarcasms
will help.

--
Laurent Léonard