Re: Packaging a library

IANADD

Leopold Palomo Avellaneda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm packing a library (not yet an ITP, just learning) and I'm having some
> doubts about it.
[snip]
> Also, my second question is about to create a dbg package. Upstream has
> some --enable-debug that is a -DDEBUG. Looking on the source I have seen some
> std outs with this define. Looking others packages, I have understood that
> you create the package normally, and you add
>
> dh_strip --dbg-package=
>
> line to put the striped symbols in that package. This is correct? is it
> worsewhile to generate that package?
Yes, it is correct. It's plus to you if you generate this package and
for users who want (at some time) to debug it.

> And my last question is examples. Upstream has a directory with some examples,
> but they are not installed (noinst_PROGRAMS), so, should I to patch sources
> to install them? Or simply, do I copy the files?
If you can copy the files manually without patching the sources - copy
them in install target. General rule is avoiding patching the upstream
files whenever possible.

--
Eugene V. Lyubimkin aka JackYF