Re: building for 'any' architecture?

On Sunday 21 September 2008, Stephan Peijnik wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-09-21 at 13:41 +0200, Michael Renner wrote:
> > Moin,
> >
> > I made a small package with some X fonts. First I extracted the fonts
> > into a directory, startet 'dh_make' and after some modifications in
> > postinst etc I run 'dpkg-buildpackage -d'. As far as I see is the
> > deb-package ok. But it is a i386 package, I expected a package for any
> > architecture like xfonts-base.
> >
> > I checked for the sting 'i386' in debian/, but I found nothing. So: where
> > can I control this?
>
> You might want to give "Architecture: all" a try. This should give you a
> *_all.deb.

Moin,

thanks for your answer. I already wrote this to the control file:
Section: x11
Architecture: any
Depends: xfonts-utils
Suggests: xfs | xserver

but the resulting file is named xfonts-sgi_1.0.0-1_i386.deb and the
architecture, mentioned in the package control file is i386:
Section: x11
Architecture: i386
Depends: xfonts-utils
Suggests: xfs | xserver

strange! More hints?

Thanks
--
|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner@gmx.de  |
|D-81541 Munich      Germany        ICQ: #112280325 |