Re: Please review my first debian-package.

> I'm trying for the first time to get a package into the offical debian-repository. You can find it here: http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=jondo . Any feedback about this package are welcome!

Welcome to Debian packaging.  The first step in getting a package into
Debian is to file an ITP against the pseudo-package WNPP that details
what you are interested in packaging.  This is forwarded to
debian-devel and allows experienced developers to comment on possible
licensing issues, etc.  This is all handled through reportbug.  You
will then close this bug in your changelog.  See
http://newpeople.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html for a
quick synopsis of the process.

As far as your package goes, please make sure that it is lintian
clean.  lintian currently reports a number of problems with your
package:

W: jondo source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.7.3 (current is 3.8.0)
W: jondo source: maintainer-not-full-name Rorschach
W: jondo: readme-debian-contains-debmake-template
W: jondo: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/pixmaps/jondo.xpm
W: jondo: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/java/JAP.jar
W: jondo: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-with-dh_make-boilerplate
W: jondo: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
W: jondo: extended-description-line-too-long
W: jondo: extended-description-line-too-long
W: jondo: extended-description-line-too-long
W: jondo: extended-description-line-too-long
W: jondo: extended-description-line-too-long
W: jondo: new-package-should-close-itp-bug
W: jondo: maintainer-not-full-name Rorschach

Use lintian -iI to show information tips and get more verbose
information on each warning.  In general, a lot of the issues are that
you haven't cleaned out the cruft from dh_make.  For instance, you
have an extra (s) in the copyright file, README.Debian is just a
template, etc.

Cheers,
--
Daniel Moerner <dmoerner@gmail.com>