Re: RFS: quickplay

On Sat, 2008-09-20 at 13:51 +0200, Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> before the review process starts, a question:
>
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 02:15:41PM -0500, Charliej wrote:
> >   Version         : 0.1
> > * URL             : http://quickplay.isfound.at/
>
> Do you think this software is yet mature enough for inclusion into
> Debian? I'm just wondering, because of the low version number and
> what the homepage concerns... "work in progress" would be a
> over-optimistic.
>
> Best Regards,
> Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for taking the time to look at quickplay.

That depends on what your definition of what "mature" is?  If you mean
"mature" as in will the software do what it's suppose to do then yes.
If you mean "mature" as in time then probable not.

Actually upstream was not using versioning until I requested that he do
so.  Hence the low version number, I thought 0.1 would be a good place
to start.

IMHO any package that introduces new features would be considered a
"work in progress".  I would consider Debian itself a "work in progress"
in that it changes and evolves on a daily basis which is a good thing.
With that said after talking extensively with upstream he does have
plans for additional features and of course to squash any bugs that may
arise.  So my interpretation of this is that quickplay will be actively
developed and not become static cruft laying around the archives.

Thank you once again for looking at quickplay

Charlie