Re: one source, both contrib and main binaries - possible?

Andreas Schildbach <andreas@schildbach.de> writes:

> Can I mix main and contrib binaries as the product of one single
> source package, or do I have to split the source package in two
> (e.g. -main and -contrib)? I guess that such a "mixed" source
> package - if possible at all - would have to go to contrib, right?

I believe the category where the binary packages appear is determined
by the category of the source package. That is, a source package in
'main' will have all its binary packages in 'main'; a source package
in 'contrib' will have all its binary packages in 'contrib'.

The situation you describe sounds best resolved by separate source
packages.

--
 \         “I was gratified to be able to answer promptly and I did. I |
  `\       said I didn't know.” —Mark Twain, _Life on the Mississippi_ |